Monday, May 15, 2006

Ends and Beginnings





Graduation...how exciting! Sally Morgenthaler talks about every end as another beginning. It is easy to be excited about an end when there is an obvious beginning. But Antonina and I are not sure what is the new beginning. It is easy to get discouraged, but when I think back about the journey so far, how can I be discouraged? In Mt. Vernon, God provided the perfect house (functionally!) just in time. Now that dilapidated old duplex seems like the place where the seeds of a Church were planted! And then there is Kansas City. We moved with nothing more than an apartment and a few dollars in a savings account to pay the rent. Just when money was running out, God gave Antonina a part time teaching job that just a few days later turned into a full time teaching job that she has loved for four years now. My life is full of miracles if only I will look for them. God has never failed me, so why should I be discouraged? God alone is Holy! To God alone goes all the glory!

SDG, Eric

3 Comments:

Blogger Evan and Julia Abla said...

This is a reminder that I need to hear all too often. Thank you. Congratulations on graduation.

9:22 AM  
Blogger peterkevinson said...

802 1/2 West Vine
And just for the record we gave God a deadline to get us an apartment in the West End and he came through in time and we even moved in a day before we had to be out of your other one.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is good to know that God will never fail you. It is very reassuring that you will never be left in the cold if you have faith and follow. And even if you don't have great faith, He won't leave you in the cold.
Thanks for reminding me.
Nick

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home