Monday, June 02, 2008

A Great Week

This was quite a full week. I left Tuesday for our NMI convention and District Assembly. I am not a big fan of all the organizational stuff, but I love the connection, the expression of the church on a larger scale, and the preaching this year was unusually good! I think the thing I always enjoy the most is the fellowship with old friends and current colleagues.

Tuesday night I had wings with Chad and Rachael Kuhn - friends from MVNU, Pizza Hut, and NTS. Rachael is now the regional director for a group called Extreme Nazarene Missions. Google it and see what you come up with. Their most recent project was the Bruno Radi Center in South America. Maybe they could use your help.

Wednesday night, I crashed in my hotel room. I got back from convention around 10:00. On my way home I got a 44oz Mt Dew. I got ready for Thursday. I shaved, showered and even ironed my shirt! Then about 10:30 I settled into my bed with my Mt. Dew in one hand and a good book in the other. I read the whole thing - cover to cover - in just under 2 hours. That was great! I highly recommend the book. Hopefully a review will come soon.

Thursday was a day full of friends. Mark, Wade, Tracy, Steve, the Johnsons, and many others. It was also the ordination service. My good friend Steve Johnson was ordained. MVNU gave him a really sweet sculpture of Jesus laying hands on Peter. They connected it somehow to "Christ always being with us," but we really know that the subject was the ordination of St. Peter, beginning the great apostolic succession of the faith. I am jealous of such a fine gift and icon of Steve's holy orders.

Friday I finally made it home to see Pax and Antonina after a long week away. Sunday was Pax's baptism. Evan and Julia came out to do the service. Evan preached, and preached, and preached, and preached (OK - I'm just giving you a hard time! You know I love you!) and Julia Baptised Pax. It was so great that all the family could be together. Make sure you check out his page - there will be more posted there. Well, it was a full and great week. But this is a new week and I need to get to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home