Tuesday, May 23, 2006

RIVERSIDE REFLECTIONS: apartment fire

When I got home yesterday afternoon, I turned on the TV to relax for a minute. The news cut in with a late breaking story. "Great, another non-story interrupting a good show." But the images captured me. It was an apartment fully ingulfed in flames. It was not just any apartment; it looked like one of the units in the complex Antonina and I used to live in. Wait...it looks like THE unit we lived in. The same tree out front, the same shrub at the corner, the same fence and playground in the back. "Surely it can't be!" My mind immediately went to our neighbors who still live there. We were close friends and Seminary brothers. Then his wife came on the TV...they had to drop their two little girls from the balcony! Everyone was OK, but the building we lived in just over a year ago was a total loss. I thank God for everyone's safety!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home