Sunday, July 16, 2006

THE REARVIEW MIRROR

This last bit of time has been a very interesting roller-coaster. I am reminded of a song that has emerged as a favorite of mine. One of the lines says, "life aint always beautiful, but its a beautiful ride." The last week has seen the end of my time at St. Paul's. A final youth group night, a final sermon, a final all church lunch, and two good-bye "parties." It has also had a couple firsts: the first time I've seen all my kids at church when I was not part of the group and the first Sunday ever where I felt like I didn't have a home church! None of those were especially beautiful memories, but I am really learning to trust in God and to not look at the individual events, but rather trying to look at the big picture and enjoy each day for all of the unique graces that I encounter daily.

The job search continues. We were asked to interview a second time with the board at Pleasant Hill, and we did that last night. We are also going to be returning to Ohio for an interview in Toronto. But there is no rush. God will make it clear where we are to serve and what we are to do. We are learning to live in His hands.

There is no other news, and nothing too interesting to reflect upon, so consider yourself updated. We do appreciate all you who keep tabs on us and your thoughts and prayers.

Eric

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did the intervierw go?

Good Luck Eric

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are glad we are updated. We are rememebering you in our prayers (as we always do). We are trusting God for His "divine appointment" for your lives.

We love you.....Dad and Mom

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun, fun. Did you preach on 2 Cor. 13:11. (That was a good class). Keep me updated.

2:24 PM  
Blogger EF + said...

2 cor 12:1-10...see the sermon below

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home