Tuesday, June 13, 2006

THE REARVIEW MIRROR: 5/30-6/13

I am very sorry it has been so long since I have updated you. Everything seems so hectic and busy, so here is my attempt to get caught up on the events of the last couple of weeks.

- Antonina had a biopsy done on her thyroid. We are still waiting to hear back from the doctor about the findings.

- The church had a budget meeting last Wednesday and had to cut the budget by over 30%. There will be enough money to pay our budget apportionments, pay Pastor Caleb, and to pay the bills. And that is about it. This also includes income from renting the parsonage we are living in currently. This means that everyone who works here is having their position eliminated. Our secratary, janitor (which is me), the stipend we give the treasurer, and the youth pastor (also me) are being let go. So as of Aug 1 I have no job and no home. They are willing to rent us the house until we find a church somewhere to go.

- Knowing this, I began looking for a job. I have interviewed (and was called back for a second interview) at a company here in KC. It is an administrative type position with a teleconferencing company. A couple friends work there. It pays OK, has great benefits, and my friends say it is a great place to work.

- I have also been approached about a church. It is a small bivocational postion, but it is here in the KC area. It has moved very fast so I was not able to keep you all updated about it. I interviewed there Sunday and they want us to come back and preach on July 2. They have so much vision and passion for their town. It would be a great church to serve, but it will be a difficult transition to a bivocational pastorate. Please pray for us. I am really excited about this church. I can't really explain why, I just think it is one of those God things.

- The above stuff is way to much stress for a short two-week period. So I decided to do what I love: find a small river and fish it. I have taken some friends and taught them how to set limb lines and trot lines. We had the lines out saturday evening through Monday morning. We caught 7 fish. 3 were keepers between four and 8 pounds. They are not huge, but the fun of wading and swimming, finding the right spots, exploring the river is just as much fun as fishing. It has been a welcomed break...not to mention it felt great on 90+ degree days.

I think that about covers the noteworthy stuff. Thanks for your prayers.

SDG,

eric

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is a bivocatioal Church like a Church with a school or like a College. I never have heard of it before. Eric, seems like you got alot on your mind. Just keep your head up and do whatever it is God has called you to do. As you said before, He never leads you astray.

9:15 PM  
Blogger EF + said...

A bivocational pastorate is one where the church is not able to pay you a full time salary. So you have to have another job to make money and do less of the pastoral things than we would all want to do.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home