Monday, July 03, 2006

REARVIEW MIRROR: from last time til now

It has been a while I think since I recapped my week. Here are the major events going on in our life:

* I was offered a full time position with a teleconferencing corporation. I will be doing reservations. Good pay and hours, great benefits. I start Wednesday.

* I resigned my youth pastor position. Sunday (the 9th) is going to be my last Sunday here at St. Paul's. It is going to be really difficult to live across the parking lot, and see all my friends coming here, and not to come. But such is life!

* I went to the NASCAR truck race Saturday. We were there from 10:30 to 7:30. 95+ degrees, no shade...it was great fun. It was also the first time I've seen the Indy cars. Man are they fast...and very obnoxious sounding. I could handle the noise level, but the pitch was so high and hideous!

* When I got home I took a quick shower and we went over to Kirby's house for a late dinner. There were just a bunch of guys from the back yard next door. We had smoke chicken, pork chops, and all the good sides. Then we sat and played our guitars and sang old country songs til 11:00. If I didn't have to preach Sunday we'd have stayed much later.

* We went to Celebration Community Church in Pleasant Hill (phccc.org) to preach on Sunday. It was very different from anything I have ever experienced. Counting Antonina and I, there were about 18 people there. It was very informal and casual. But EVERYONE sang out. It was very cool. There were people of most age groups (except our of course) and they are getting too big for the building they are at already (there were 3-4 families not there because of the holiday). Preaching is completely different in that setting. It will take some gettting used to if that is where we end up. I have to talk to the DS today.

Well, I gotta get going...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home