Tuesday, August 22, 2006

THE REARVIEW MIRROR

Where do I even begin? Let's start with the move. Dad and Adam flew out to help us drive back. We had a 24' Budget rental and towed my F150 on a trailor behind that. We left early Sunday morning and made it safely to Indianapolis. We got a good night of sleep and set out for Toronto. We made it to Toronto on Monday around 3:00pm. The church had several who came to help. Both of our families came to help get moved in too. The church had painted everything and got new carpet for us. The house is outstanding. Thanks to everyone who help. Especially our families!

Last week was pretty much a blur. We had good days and bad days. It was VBS, so we tried to be there to support that, all the while getting unpacked and settled. Antonina has submitted her applications for an OH and a WV teacher's License. But she was told that probably she would not even be able to begin subbing until October becase they publish their lists on the first of each month. They won't put her on the list until she gets her License back. That was stressful. But then we went to the bank to get everything transferred and found that we had THREE paychecks direct deposited that will help to get us through til she can start working. I also made my first visits. I love that part...I am so busy right now trying to get acclamated that it seems I have very little time to get out. That has got to change! Last, we are very greatful to have met our neighbors, Brian and Kelly. They are newlyweds our age and have no kids...only a dog. They are not Christian yet, but it is great to have people our age that do things we like that we can talk with in the evenings.

Sunday was a mixed bag. It was all very stressful. Sunday morning went great. I was installed by the DS, preached, and served communion. The church had a fabulous dinner for us. Too bad I am never really hungry when I am that nervous. Sunday night we looked a little closer at the text I preached and I got very good feedback. We are looking for a Bible study to do for a little while so if any of you have found anything notably helpful give me a heads up. After church was my first board meeting. It is quite clear that I am very different from the old pastor. It was not the most pleasant experience and it became clear that I will not be the only one having to adjust. All in all it was a great day...we also got to see family again!

This week, we have gotten OH drivers' licenses, my fishing license, etc. Antonina has submitted a few more applications. Steubenville said that she should be able to sub fairly quickly! Edison local took her application to consider for a full time Title 1 position.

That is our last couple weeks in a nutshell. It is really beautifl here. I hope many of you will be able to visit, but I am happy that at least you are sharing our journey here. Thanks, keep up the prayers.

SDG,

Eric

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going pretty good for you, minus the stress. I bet your happy with the the way things are going. What was so different between you and the old Pastor?

Good Luck with everything. I'm praying for you.

P.S Why is there also this weird code looking thing I have to copy everytime I try to post a comment.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to read your update and glad we were able to be with you. Trust God and depend upon Him and all will go well(that is not to say it will be easy or stress free, but he will carry you if you rest in Him...Cycle of Victorious Living Ps. 37:1-7) Also...Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all you ways acknowledge Him and he shall direct your paths Proverbs 3:5-6. We love you and are praying for you. Dad and Mom

7:17 PM  
Blogger EF + said...

The code is to prevent spammers from posting crap on here. Just a security feature.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray the adjustment on both sides will come quickly. It is good to have you back in Ohio again. Maybe some weekend I will pop in to church.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. Won't spammers just type in the code and then post crap on there.

5:00 PM  
Blogger EF + said...

Usually spam is automatically generated and there is not a person sending out to everyone. Sure someone could do what you say, but could you imagine how long it would take to do that for everyone?

9:34 AM  
Blogger Evan and Julia Abla said...

I knew you'd tell me to update. Anyway, I'm glad all is off to a good start. I'm excited to be back in the same state. We are moving in on Tuesday. We hope to see you soon. Maybe we can meet half way or something.

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grace and peace. Have fun during your honeymoon. Just wait till year 2. I think I have figured out why so many NTS grads struggle during their second year (Dr. Miller gave me some heads up), I will call you and give you my thoughts, like they are worth much.

Chat later

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home