Saturday, September 09, 2006

AROUND TOWN: home is where the heart is...


This is our new home. I must admit that it has been difficult calling this place home. I have many homes, and catch myself calling different places home: Circleville, Mt. Vernon, Kansas City, and St. Paul's. I have noticed that when I speak I often find myself referring to these places by saying, "at home," or "back home." It has been a hard thing to make myself not say those things and to call this place home. I think it is important that these people know that this is our home. Not some place from the past. It is tough, and I think we have all been there, but I think it is a worth while endeavor to always refer to the place where we are as "home." If we are to take John 1 seriously, then being incarnational in the world means making our dwelling...our home...with those around us. Jesus was not just a visitor, or a jouneyman on his way to another destination. He became flesh and dwelt among us. He made our home His home. Ministry must being with an affirmation that I am one of you...that you are my people. Go today making where you are, the people you are with, your home.

SDG,

Eric

PS I hope the pic files are not too large. I am affraid they are. They are strait off my camera. If any of you know how to make the file smaller, please send me an email and let me know so I can save you all time downloading these images. Thanks!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice decoration leaning against the porch. Also it is nice that Magna is welcoming everyone by yawning...

Welcome HOME!!!!

dad and mom

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Qiz meet went horrible. But it was fun. Andy of course made us crack up. Looks like a nice home. MU destroyed Ole Miss. Tonight OSU will get destroyed as well. GO LONGHORNS!

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget the prediction I made about the game. OSU surprised me. No.33 shall keep the linebacker tradition.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Evan and Julia Abla said...

It looks like a great place. What about the inside. Can we get a virtual tour or something?

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice to have a porch to set the chairs on. Hope you enjoy visiting with neighbors as they pass by. I assume your small town is like Ada where everyone says hi. Have a great week.

12:37 PM  
Blogger EF + said...

No virtual tour until I figure out how to downsize image files.

OK about the inside. It has a ton of rooms. Downstairs is a kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom, office, bathroom, three closets. The basement is large and unfinished with two rooms. One is going to be our storage/laundry/boiler room. The other we are going to try and fix up and finish a little to make a room for the youth group. The upstairs has one large bedroom with a kitchenette and a large deck. It has four small bedrooms, and a full bath. The upstair is completely unused at the time. We will be working with the church to remodel the upstairs...it needs it!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home