Wednesday, May 31, 2006

THE REARVIEW MIRROR: 5/21-5/29

A holiday weekend is always a welcome addition to a regular week!

It was another busy week. I made three trips to the airport, was sick in my stomach three different (nonconsecutive) days, had a graduation party, spent time with both families, saw Antonina graduate, had a really tough day at work, and went camping!

As I reflect on the events of this week it amazes me at the shear height of the joyous occasions, and the utter depth of the difficulties. How can they be all in one week?

I am so proud to see Antonina accomplish so much! In the last four years she has been a full-time teacher, teaching summer school, teaching Sunday School, paid off all her undergrad loans, earned her Masters, and still managed to be the best wife ever! She truly is the most phenominal person I know. Additionally, we had a great time Monday night with many of the seminarians who also attend NTS. It was great fun! Thanks, Aimee & Devin, Michael & Amy, Ron & Kristen, Paul & Sara, Joseph & Kimberlee: it was so much fun to share our stories together. That is what community is all about!

And all the while, the stress of my situation is litterally making me sick. I will try to divert my attention from my issues (like I usually do) with a humerous story to close.

Wednesday I was at Antonina's graduation. We ate BBQ for dinner (you can't come to KC and not have BBQ!), and when we got to the graduation I had to run to the restroom. I had to go bad! I got there and there was only one other person there. You guessed it...he was in the stall. But, he was only doing #1...with two empty urinals! So as I am waiting, another guy comes in. Just as he is coming in, Mr #1 in the stall is coming out, and they know each other. They start talking in the door to the stall...my path is blocked. Their conversation is thankfully short, but then the other guy cuts in front of me to use the stall...still 2 urinals open mind you. I try to be compassionate thinking maybe he has to go worse than me. But what does he do? He unzips, stands there and takes a squirt! After waiting for two people to use the stall, with the necessary urinals available, I finally made it into the stall. What is the deal? USE THE URINAL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home