Thursday, February 08, 2007

A Great Commission Church

I was talking to a parishoner Sunday and he commented that we need to be more of a Great Commission Church. By that he meant a church that goes into the world. As I have thought about his comments I think that as a whole we are a great commission church, but it is about much more than just going. Let's break it down a little:


Go into the world - We are a missional church.
Making disciples - We are a evangelistic church.
of all nations - We are a global church.
baptising them - We are a sacramental church.
in the name of the Father, and the Son and of the Holy Spirit - We are an orthodox church.
teaching them to obey everything I taught you - We are a holiness church.

Over the next few weeks, I'll unpack that a little, and we can all be grateful to be a part of a Great Commission Church!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That really sounds like a wonderful thing. So basically a Church, that does this, goal is to take the Church embers and have them go out into the world to show everyone the love of Jesus? Like what Jesus told us to do in one of the last parts of Matthew?

8:14 PM  
Blogger EF + said...

Yeah, that's the idea. I'll be explaining more about the words I used and why I chose them. Hey, what happened to MU yesterday? KU took it to them!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. Kind of how Flordia took it to "The" Ohio State University.

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eric!!!!
Its Megan!!! How are you guys?? We are doing pretty good here.
Ok ttyl.....

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? You have nothing to say Eric? OSU sucks! You note my emphasis on "The". What a joke! Just admit it. MU will make a run in the tournament. Maybe they'll meet up and destroy "The" Buckeyes.

10:27 AM  
Blogger EF + said...

First, THEE ohio state university is #2 in the nation. We have three losses, to #1 FLA, to #3 WIS, to #4/5 UNC. All three losses were on the road. AT fla, AT wisc, AT unc. Those are all acceptable losses.

I hope MU does make a run in the tourney...will they be in the tourney...I have only seen them once. I always root for them. I have even heard people talk about trying to get them into the Big10! That would be great!

Megan, things are going awesome here. We love it here, but sure do miss being there. It was the best experience ever. Hopefully we'll be back out that way again soon. We pray all is well. Tell Chrissie we said hello.

Eric

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not send that last one, but anyways, I was speaking strictly of the 42-17 thrashing that OSU recieved at the hands of Flordia. You know the one where Troy was running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Evan and Julia Abla said...

mmm, sacralicious!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home